Talk To Your Doctor
Your healthcare provider or allergist can be an excellent source of information about your nasal allergy symptoms and treatment options. Asking good questions and recording the responses can help you gain the most benefit from your health care provider’s expertise.
Use this page as a starting point for a list of questions to ask your healthcare provider. Print this form and take it with you to your appointment.
- What substance or substances (allergens) are causing my nasal allergy symptoms?
- How can I avoid or reduce allergen exposure?
- How do I know when it’s nasal allergies and when it’s a cold?
- What are the signs that my symptoms are worsening?
- Is there any risk in not treating nasal allergy symptoms?
- How can I help prevent my nasal allergy symptoms from getting worse as allergy season progresses?
- What is the long-term solution to my allergies?
- What types of treatment options are available and how do they work?
- What’s the difference between over-the-counter and prescription medicines?
- Is there anything we can do to help prevent my seasonal nasal allergy symptoms from occurring?
- What are my options for controlling symptoms day and night?
- Can my allergies be diagnosed and treated in your office?
- Do you offer allergy skin tests and immunotherapy in your office?
- Do you offer allergy drops in your office?